Wednesday, June 6, 2007

The Job of Motivation Before Us...

"I have been walking onto ballfields for 16 years, and I've never received anything but kindness and encouragement from you fans. I have had the great honor to have played with these great veteran ballplayers on my left -- Murderers Row, our championship team of 1927. I have had the further honor living and playing with these men on my right-- the Bronx Bombers, the Yankees of today. I have been given fame and undeserved praise by the boys up there behind the wire, my friends, the sports writers. I have worked under the two greatest managers of all time, Miller Huggins and Joe McCarthy. I have a mother and father who fought to give me health and a solid background in my youth. I have a wife, a companion for life, who has shown me more courage than I ever knew. People all say that I've had a bad break. But today --today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth. Lou Gehrig Delivers "Farewell to Baseball Address" at Yankee Stadium "The Pride of the Yankees"

Students of today feel that they have so many things against them that they can not see the positive as Lou Gehrig did in the above farewell speech! When they have no hope and feel like they are at the bottom of the mountain that might be the mountain of poverty, the mountain of a poor school, the mountain of having failed a grade or two, the mountain of having a Learning Disability or numerous other mountains. As adults we must take time to encourage and motivate the students of today to climb the mountains of their life ! Instead of some pep talk we must also offer to give them the assistance they need and to be there with them as they conquer any mountain that might come in their life! If you look for the people that have been great successes it has been because somewhere or some time in their life their was someone that came along side them and said "you can do it...I believe in you!"

Remember:"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein

Remember this site can not work without you! What can we do to help the youth of today up the mountains that they are facing?

What makes this blog worth your time?

"Providing Opportunities" is a blog that will be worth your while to browse at least once a week for ideas that might work for you as you seek to better the world for the youth of t0day. As you check this blog you will find out information about this class that will inspire you, inform you and may give you ideas. This blog will be different in that if ideas are given as as a post and they seem to warrant letting others know about them then they will be posted with credit given for the source. Stephen Covey the famous author stressed the idea of "synergy" and those accomplishing more together than working seperately. This blog can accomplish synergy which provides a resource which Dr. Harry Wong states is the best way for any teacher to learn which is to "steal ideas" from other teachers and use them. "Providing Opportunities" can only work if others will submit their ideas that they have either used or seen used that worked.
add'>http://technorati.com/faves?sub=addfavbtn&add=http://providingopportunities.blogspot.com>Add to Technorati Favorites
View blog authority
Technorati Chart

Making a difference today...will provide a better tommorrow!

Making a difference today...will provide a better tommorrow!
Providing Opportunities today changes a tommorrow!